What is bushing?
Bearing is a machine component that enables the machinery to move at extremely high speed with reduced friction between handling stress and moving parts. The bushing is like a tube or sleeve that enable the relative motion by sliding instead of rolling and it is used to support the shaft and to operate between moving surfaces. The component is a round-shaped cylindrical component with different features. Bushings are equipped with rolling elements such as balls and rollers that support the elements. Bushings are composed of multiple parts that are used in vehicle suspension systems to ensure balance and durability.
Check out for our Sleeve Bearing
What is bearing?
Bearing is often used as a general term for the components that allow relative motion between the other components and surfaces. The bearing enables to move at high speed and often find applications in the support of rotating shafts in machines. Bearings provide relative movement between different components of machines and their application depends on the type of location between them. The bearing type that can be used in the machinery is based on the nature of the relative movement. It also depends on the type of constraints that are applied in the motion. The bearings are particularly designed to reduce frictional energy losses, wear resistance, minimum maintenance expenses, and to extend the life of machines. Bearings can be classified into two general types including thrust bearings and journal bearings.
Check out for our bearing supply
Difference between bearing and bushings
- The bearings are used to support the rotating shafts in the machines and the bushings are independent plain bearings that are used to support the shaft and operate on the sliding motion with different surfaces.
- Bearings are round-shaped cylindrical components that are used in numerous components. On the contrary, the bushing is used in housing assembly in the rotary applications for different surfaces.
- Bushings are equipped with rolling elements and provide support in the assembly of components whereas the bearings are used in relative movement between the components.
- Bushings work independently and are comprised of different elements and work as rolling element bearings.
- Bushings are single independent components and bearings are composed of two or more components.
- Ordinary bearings have a sliding contact and vehicles require such components for suspension, steering mechanism, and transmission components. Some other applications are shifts, aircraft, manufacturing machine tools, pumps, power turbines, and other home appliances. Bushings are also used in the vehicle suspension system based on the type of vehicle and material of bushings. The rotary bushings are used in different operations of machines.
- In high precision applications only, bearings are used such as low load applications of clocks. The working of bushings is related to operations that require precision machinery parts such as controlling wear and friction.
- There is no need for active lubrication system for bearings, but it requires for the application of bushings.
- Bearings are not a specific type of bushing, but bushing is a type of plain bearing.